Saturday, September 5, 2009

Attempting...

I've resolved that it's unhealthy to only blog explosively.
Too bad the rest of my life is boring when i'm not fired up about something! :)

But here's my attempt at a boring blog post:

On the work front it's starting to look like Christmas.
I've already been putting up fixtures for Christmas cards and getting the first boxes out.
Sometimes I really do feel like I market Jesus.
It's a daily struggle for me.
I've been trying so hard to focus just on the ministry aspects that I have with the company.

On the home front we're non-existent.
Jess is finishing up school this semester and has two jobs, and I have one full-time job and my job selling Premier. It's all going great. Just a little overwhelming when it comes to trying to find time to see my husband! We did manage a fun getaway to Chicago for our one-year. I can't believe it's been a year already! It honestly doesn't seem possible that it's been that long already.

On the church front we've been getting more involved- which is great.
I really do love our church.
It's kind of an oasis for me.
I deal with "Spiritual debate" all week at work- it's nice to come some place and just worship.

(One rant allowed tonight)
I witnessed sad reality today..
We went on a "homeless walk" today with Hope Ministries and it was legitimately conflicting.
If you've ever talked to me about this specific issue- I can be pretty hard hearted.
For me it's just so hard to imagine.
Not that i'm not blessed beyond measure, but because I tend to work my butt off.
I'm desperately conflicted when it comes to that type of ministry.
It's tough to find the balance for me.
I've never been held captive by the things these people are.
I don't understand that.
It's a complete mystery to me.
The logical side of me doesn't understand why they don't get a job and improve their life.
But the sympathetic-Jesus side of me understands that they're held captive by something that cripples their life- and until they're recovered through Christ there is no other reality.
Does that make sense?
It sounds like an enigma.

Jess and I are trying to make some pretty big decisions for the upcoming months.
Prayer is much much much appreciated.
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment