Thursday, September 10, 2009

Stockholm and other thoughts.

I bought Stockholm syndrome by Derek Webb....absolutely fantastic.
Probably not for the faint of heart.
I'll say that to cover myself.
For me it was definitely eye opening.
It's incredible to hear my thoughts put down into song by someone else.
It's an instant feeling of community.
Controversial community- but community nonetheless.

"We can talk and debate it till we're blue in the face
About the language and tradition that He's coming to save
Meanwhile we sit just like we don't give a sh*t
About fifty-thousand people who are dying today

Tell me, brother, what matters more to you?
Tell me, sister, what matters more to you?"


Blunt.
Perhaps too blunt.
But honest.
I've begun to crave honesty.
Real.
Legitimate.
Not necessarily censored.
It's not easy to hear.
And it's definitely not easy to say.

If most Christians voiced their concerns, thoughts, doubts, failures I think Christianity would be revolutionized. It's not that onlookers care if Christians sin and fail- it's the fact that we cover it up and pretend like we don't. People screw up. We're depraved. But we're depraved with a possibility of forgiveness. I think that's fantastic.

On a completely different note- Jess has another drill this weekend.
So i'm here wide awake at midnight.
The usual for when he's gone.
My brain just seems to snap into a weird gear when he's gone.
Maybe it's just because I have time to think.
Being alone once in a while really is good.
Not to mention I'm getting a head start on Christmas shopping. :)
Plus I'll have some quality time with Gong Fu and the new Donald Miller book.

I've been somewhat cryptic lately about some things coming up and i'll continue to be for a while, but Jess and I have decisions to make in the next couple months and prayer is definitely appreciated. Decisions are definitely hard for us to make because we get stuck so much in the rut of just day to day life, and I am definitely a creature of habit. At any rate- just keep us in your prayers.

I should probably attempt sleep so I'm not too dependent on caffeine for my mood tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment