Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall and other such rambles.

I love fall.
The chilly mornings, the caramel spiced ciders, the sweaters...
But most of all- the apples.
There's nothing better than picking your own apples and baking up a storm.
I've been going through all my old recipes finding which ones i'm going to use this year.
I don't know what it is about fall that just makes me want to bake.
Maybe it's the fact that my little house isnt 90 degrees by the time i'm done like in the summer.
Maybe we just crave comfort food more.
Either way- it's a beautiful thing.

I haven't gotten to see my hubby much this semester.
It's quite sad.
I knew it was going to be like this until December, but I find myself missing how we used to have every night together when we first got married.
There was something special about knowing that he was going to be there to spend the night with.
Now we have the tired, hungry, worn out moments together.
I guess that is more like reality.
I miss my little bubble.
I know it's only until December, but it's starting to wear on me.

A lot of things are still up in the air for us.
It's hard wait for things to figure themselves out.
I'm a problem solver.
It's what I do.
I make my mind up and then I make it happen.
It's hard to give up that control.
Necessary.
But not easy.
I'm trying to take the laid back approach and wait out things.
That's just not me.
I'm far too neurotic for that.

At work we're getting ready for another Christmas season.
I really do struggle with Retail Christmas.
We all struggle with materialism on some level, but it seems like it gets especially bad for the next couple of months.
And people get angry.
Have you ever noticed that?
There's more anger and a lot more impatience.
Do me a favor- when you're shopping for the next couple of months- be nice to the people who are working in the stores.
It makes it so much better.
My fuse tends to get shorter every Christmas.
I'm praying for a long fuse this year.
I'm also trying to figure out what is the right aproach to have and not completely sell out.
It's a tough compromise for me.
I go through phases where I really struggle with a lot of the stuff that we sell, and then I become complacent and just don't think about it.
It's sad, really.

I'm snuggled up to my cat and a book is calling my name...
Let me know who wants some apple butter while I'm off being domestic for a couple of days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment